Both members and visiting players are now conveniently able to book their tee times through our online system.
Horne Park COVID-19 Statement
Urgent Notice To All Customers: 23rd March 2020 @9pm
COVID-19 TEMPORARY CLOSURE
Due to the current situation, and tonight’s announcement we have now closed the club fully for the time being.
We take the safety our staff and our customers incredibly seriously and in the meantime we thank you for all your custom & support.
We will be in touch with further detail to our membership
We look forward to welcoming you all back to the club as soon as we can
March 20th @ 7PM
Having taken the appropriate advice as to safe use of our facilities as from tomorrow the following will apply:
-The Bar and Lounge will be shut until further notice
-The golf shop will be shut until further notice
-The changing facilities / showers are closed, with the exception of the toilet facilities if required. All shoes should be changed in the car park
-The range will be OPEN, please use our contactless facilities
-We will remain OPEN for golfers to use the course, with the following further advice. Service will be from the golf shop window to the patio if required – please pay all fees online before play if at all possible
-All users of the site should remain outside at all times so that safe social distancing can be observed, please follow all the advised practices while playing on the golf course
Information as of 16 March 2020:
The circumstances around public health and movement of people is fast changing all our customers should take note of PHE as the overriding advice as to their personal circumstances and wellbeing.
However Horne Park Golf make the following observations relating to the use and attendance of our facilities.
– We are in constant contact with the governing bodies for golf and national legislation and will keep on top of both national and golf / leisure specific advice and as such believe the below is the best understanding of this disseminated information
– We remain open across all our facilities with no restriction, however we advise that if you have travelled to any category A destination (see PHE site above) please do not attend. Please also note the government’s advice on staying at home if this applies to you
– If you choose to attend please note all the advice as issued by the government regarding your personal health and hygiene and that of others around you. In particular:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Maintain your distance from others (2m)
- When you cough or sneeze ensure this is into a tissue (throw this away responsibly) use your sleeve if you do not have a tissue.
– We believe that the golf course and range are safe places to occupy your time, indeed we believe that if all overarching advice is observed that we can provide an important service throughout this period.
– We believe, taking into account the wider advice on hygiene, that the clubhouse remains a facility that is safe to use. Note that should you choose to attend but not enter the clubhouse this is fine as long as you have paid the appropriate fees and we are aware of your presence on site. Note you can book and pay for your golf online at www.hornepark.co.uk , https://www.hornepark.co.uk/book-a-tee-time/
– We will be installing hand sanitizers on site for the use of our customers (due to be installed March 17th).
– We ask that all customers observe the signage on site that reminds you of your responsibility to act in accordance with national advice.
– Please do not use CASH if at all possible, we provide a full range of contactless payment options.
– It is our hope that we will be able to provide valuable safe activity during a time when you may find other facilities have to restrict your attendance.
– At present we are OPEN and hope you will take responsible personal actions when on site but continue to enjoy Horne Park.
Information as of 20 March 2020:
At this time we believe and are advised that playing golf whilst observing the guidance of Public Health England is safe and remains a fun , enjoyable and challenging form of valuable light exercise. We have collated and implemented the notes below for your guidance.
Before you play please note the following
- We encourage you to use our online facilities for booking you golf
- We take all standard form of payments using contactless means or online prior to the game, we discourage use of cash onsite please bring cards with you pay for services onsite.
- Players with any colds or coughs or any symptoms of Covid-19 should not attend and refer to public health England for guidance
When you are playing
- Players should adhere to the advice on distancing (2-metre rule) on tee grounds, greens and throughout the rounds
- Leave the flag in the hole, players should carefully remove their golf ball from the hole, using a bag towel if necessary
- We have removed rakes , divot boxes and covered over ball washers to prevent use, our greenkeeping team will prepare the course, and where possible, re-rake bunkers during the day
- If you choose to use the air line for cleaning shoes after your round, please protect your hands with your bag towel or request a disposable latex glove (provided free at reception)
- Do not share any equipment, such as golf clubs or rangefinders
- Avoid shaking hands before or after your game
- We have hand sanitisers available for use as well as the best option of washing your hands in the changing facilities, you should in any event wash your hands after your game